Primitive Methodist Chapels
1828 and 1869

Redmile Primitive Methodist Chapel built 1869
converted into a private dwelling 1986.

The Primitive Methodists have a chapel here, erected in 1869, at an outlay of 620, raised by subscription, in lieu of that built in 1828. (From: White's Directory of Leicestershire and Rutland 1877)

 

While alterations were being carried out in 1988 the stone, shown above, was discovered being used as a hearth for the vestry fireplace. Heat damage can been seen in the centre. While the bottom is also damaged it was possible to determine the date as 18?? with the latter two numbers having round tops. It was a Directory that confirmed the date as 1828.

Transfer of the chapel land in 1868, including names of Trustees. (Under construction)

New Trustees were appointed in 1904. To view a transcription of this document Click here

In 1937 it became imperative to make new appointments.
Nine of the 1904 Trustees were "deceased" and one "Desired to be discharged"
The follow appointments were made:-

William Henry Chettle
(the only existing Trustee to continue)

John Barrett Parr
Albert Charles King
Annie Sophia Wilson
George William Cousins
Thomas Rimmington
Grace Elizabeth Seaton
Rose Helen Pacey
Ethel Bellamy
Albert Parr
Louis James Abbott

Belvoir, Nr. Grantham - Farm Bailiff

 
Redmile - Labourer
Redmile - Quarry man
Redmile - Married woman
Belvoir - Gardener
Redmile - Farm Labourer
Redmile - Spinster
Redmile - Married Woman
Redmile - Spinster
Bottesford - Joiner
Bottesford - Painter